I remember it like it was yesterday. 10 years old, sitting down on the sofa after doing some homework and eating some cashews. Then all of a sudden, after years of eating peanuts BOOM an allergic reaction. How terrible right? Well this recipe is for those that have a peanut/tree nut allergy but still has a craving for those delicious peanut butter cookies that they used to eat…minus the death.
Note: Makes about 4 dozen (if small one inch diameter balls ~7.5 dozen)
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups tahini (best when the ingredients are just ground sesame seeds and oil)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream the butter, sugar, maple syrup and tahini until smooth. Beat in the eggs until combined and then add the rest of the dry ingredients.
2. Choose your spoon of choice and make the dough into small balls. Use a fork to make a crisscross on the dough ball.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes or when the edges begin to brown then let cool.
I really hope you guys enjoy this recipe. Try it out and let me know what you think below!