Note: My changes to the queso include forgoing the Rotel and substituting regular milk for almond milk because I don’t like dying.
- 1 eggplant worth of the cheesy nut-free queso from the Minimalist Baker
- 1 full bushel of kale
- cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Make the nut-free queso from the Minimalist Baker minus the Rotel.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and foil your baking sheet, then lightly grease. Set aside.
3. Wash and dry your kale well, removing the thick stems. Break into chip size pieces (think doritos size)
4. Place your kale in a bowl and start adding in the cheesy queso dip.
5. Toss the kale in the deliciousness and add to the baking sheet without overlapping.
6. Season with a little salt and if you want a little spice, add some cayenne pepper to your soon to be chips.
7. Place in the oven on the middle racks and bake for 35 minutes. Your chips should be baked and slightly green. Allow to cool for ~20 minutes then go to town.
I hope this recipe will help anyone that’s looking for a healthy snack alternative. Follow me on Instagram and tag #theclosetchemist when you try these chips out.