I just wanted to share my roasted beet and spinach salad recipe at the request of some of the lovely people following me on Instagram. Enjoy!
Note: 2 Servings
- 1/4 cup goat Cheese
- 3 medium sized beets (I used 2 red, 1 golden)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup of yellow onions
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After peeling, cut your beets and the yellow onions into thin half moons.
- In a small bowl, whisk together thoroughly the vinegar, honey, olive oil, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the beets and toss them to integrate all of the awesome flavors. After the beets are well coated, add the mixture to a small baking dish. Sprinkle the crushed red pepper over the top of the beets. Cover the dish with with aluminum foil and pop the dish into the oven for 30 mins.
- Remove the foil and cook for an extra 25 minutes to get a nice glaze.
- Lay a bed of spinach on two plates then add the roasted beets. Crumble goat cheese over the top of your salad and enjoy.
I hope you guys enjoyed this quick and delicious recipe. P.S Pictures will be added later.